Showcasing your property to sell can have a significant impact on how quickly and for what price your home sells. To gain an edge in your marketplace you must be priced right and look better than the competition. Take the time to create a positive first impression. Use the checklist as your guide.
- Begin your packing. Removing personal items, extra furnishings and reducing clutter will create a sense of more space.
- Give your home a thorough cleaning. You can’t sell it if you can smell it. Be sensitive to odors because buyers are!
- Check all light fixtures. Are they working properly? Replace all burned out light bulbs.
- Turn on lights for showings. Open curtains and blinds for showings.
- Repair or paint cracks or holes on all walls and ceilings.
Living Room, Family Room, Den:
- Clear off all mantels, coffee tables and end tables. Keep decorative objects on the furniture restricted to groups of 1, 3, or 5 items
Kitchen & Dining Room:
- Clear the table, except for a nice centerpiece. Remove extra leaves and chairs to make the room look bigger.
- Clear countertops of all unnecessary items. Clear refrigerator of magnets, photos, messages, etc.
- Clean the stovetop and oven. Replace burner pans if they are badly stained. Clean all exhaust fans, filters and hoods.
- Keep the kitchen sink clean and empty on a daily basis. Place all soaps, sponges and cleaning supplies out of sight.
- Empty the garbage regularly to reduce odors.
- Make beds daily. Clear off bedside tables, dressers, etc. except for a very few necessary items.
- De-clutter the closets. Close doors for showings.
- Remove all posters and repair holes.
- Clear off all surfaces, keep only a few necessary items in a basket or tray.
- Have a bottle of hand soap.
- Coordinate towels.
- Clean or replace shower curtain if necessary. Clean any moldy areas.
- Keep toilet lid closed.